Facebook

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Ardmore Traditional Peated, 40 %

Review #422
This is finished in quarter casks. It is very light in the smell. Apples and vanilla. I actually get more malt than peat. After some minutes some peat and citrus comes forward. Nothing much really never happens though…

Some more peat in the taste at first. Some light hay, honey and vanilla in the background. This is so light! At the finish the peat is back, but it dies so quick and gets very watery, that you don’t get much more… Perhaps some orangey and citrusy notes…

All these notes tell me this is quite young. In my opinion it is bottled too young… And it is actually quite sad (again in my opinion) as Ardmore can make some, and have made, tremendously good whiskies! I will give this 78/100 (20/19/19/20).

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. Very light and a bit shallow. A little disappointed, but I am happy to have it for the price point.

    ReplyDelete