Facebook

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fettercairn Fasque, 42 %

Review #423
This is bottled in 2011 and is an unpeated expression. It is full of fresh fruits in the smell. Apples and peaches. It is on the sweet side this whisky. Some vanilla and fruity sweetness comes forward as well. It smells like there is a fair amount of young whisky in the mix.

Dried fruits is the first I notice in the taste. Nice Sherry influence. Raisins and ripe plums. Still very fresh, and the same goes for the finish. A bit short though, but the dried fruits turns beautifully into fruity sweetness.

I am a bit conflicted when it comes to this whisky. It seems a bit under matured, low in the ABV so it gets a bit watery and the finish is somewhat short, yet I quite enjoyed it. It must be my love for Sherry matured whiskies! I will give this 82/100 (20/21/21/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment