Facebook

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Knockando 12 yo, Vintage 2000, 43%

Review #442
This has matured in a mixture of Bourbon and Sherry casks. Lot of malt and grass in the smell. Very classic. It reminds me of a good old malt. A little by little some other flavours appear. Oak, vanilla, orange peel and hints of honey.

Like in the smell, the taste is a bit rough. In the good old way. Grass and hay mixed with some oak and toffee. The finish is more caramel sweet, and actually stays for quite a while considering the low ABV. I get a slight off note, but I can´t quite put my finger on it.

I think it is a fine dram, and haven’t it been for that off note it would have landed a couple of point higher. Maybe it is just me, and you want detect it. It just reminds me of an old honest dram made in the old glens. I will give this 82/100 (21/20/20/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment